Hello Dear CA Students,
We are Sharing With You CA foundation Business Maths, LR & Statstic New Syllabus Study Material Compilation for May 2024 onwards Paper-3 : Business Maths, LR & Statstic . So kindly Check Out our http://www.castudynotes.com website and ALL the Best for Your upcoming Exams.CA STUDY NOTES
PAPER 3: QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE (100 MARKS)
- To develop an understanding of the basic mathematical and statistical tools and apply the same inbusiness, finance and economic situations.
- To develop logical reasoning skills.
The whole syllabus of Quantitative Aptitude shall be divided into three broad areas:
- Logical Reasoning
PART A: BUSINESS MATHEMATICS (40 MARKS)
- Ratio and proportion, Indices and Logarithms: Ratio and proportion and Time and work-relatedproblems, Laws of Indices, Exponents and Logarithms and Anti Logarithms.
- Equations: Equations: Linear Simultaneous linear equations up to three variables, Quadratic and Cubicequations in one variable. Applications in Business related problems.
- Linear Inequalities: Linear Inequalities: Linear Inequalities in one and two variables and the solutionspace.
Mathematics of Finance:
- Simple Interest
- Compound interest
- Nominal and Effective Rate of Interest
- Present Value
- Net Present Value
- Future Value
- Sinking Funds
- Calculating of EMI
- Calculations of Returns: Nominal and Effective rate of Return
- Compound Annual growth rate (CAGR)
- Permutations and Combinations: Basic concepts of Permutations and combinations: Introduction, the factorial, permutations, results, circular permutations, permutations with restrictions, Combinations with standard results.
- Sequence and Series: Introduction Sequences, Series, Arithmetic and Geometric progression, Relationship between AM and GM and Sum of n terms of special series and Business Applications.
Sets, Relations, and Functions. Basics of Limits and Continuity functions.
- Basic applications of Differential and Integral calculus in Business and Economics (Excluding thetrigonometric applications).
PART B: LOGICAL REASONING (20 MARKS)
- Number series coding and Decoding and odd man out
- Direction Tests
- Seating Arrangements
- Blood Relations
PART C: STATISTICS (40 MARKS)
- Unit 1: Statistical Representation of Data: Diagrammatic representation of data, Frequency distribution, Graphical representation of Frequency Distribution – Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Ogive,Pie-chart.
Unit:2 Sampling: Basic principles of sampling theory, comparison between sample survey and complete enumeration, some important terms associated sampling types of sampling, sampling andnon-sampling errors.
Measures of Central tendency and Dispersion: Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion: Mean Median, Mode, Mean Deviation, Quartiles and Quartile Deviation, Standard Deviation, Co-efficient of Variation, Coefficient of Quartile Deviation.
Probability: Independent and dependent events; mutually exclusive events. Total and CompoundProbability and Bayes’ theorem.
Theoretical Distributions: Random variables, Discrete and Continuous Random variables, Expectation of a discrete random variable, Theoretical Distributions: Binomial Distribution, Poisson distribution – basic application and Normal Distribution – basic applications.
Correlation and Regression: Scatter diagram, Karl Pearson’s Coefficient of Correlation Rank Correlation, Regression lines, Regression equations, Regression coefficients.
Index Numbers: Uses of Index Numbers, Problems involved in construction of Index Numbers, Methodsof construction of Index Numbers. BSE SENSEX and NSE.
|Share this Post with your friends & help them to PASS.|
Here all materials, PDFs are provided from various available sources, as we never own them, or scan them, we ar just facilitators, so we are not intentionally violating any laws, still if you feel that something should not be on site, you can contact us through email: email@example.com
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST:
Subscribe to hear from us about new addition to castudynotes.com website and other important stuff.
All PDF which are provided here are for Education purposes only. Please utilize them for building your knowledge. We request you to respect our Hard Work. Our Intention is to provide free Study Materials for all Aspirants and we believe Education Should be free for All, and for the same reason, we gathered everything and assembled at one place.
- CA Foundation Business Law List of Case Laws & Conclusions in PDF
- CA Final Direct Tax MCQs Topics and Concepts of Nov 2023 Exam
- CA Inter Exam November 2023 Question Papers in PDF AT One Place
- CA Final Exam November 2023 Question Papers in PDF AT One Place
- CA Foundation December 2023 Mock Test Papers (MTPs) Series – II in PDF AT One Place
castudynotes.com does not own this Materials, Test Series or anything we share, neither created nor scanned. we just providing the links already available on Internet. and also we doesn’t Own any trademarks or copyrights of any institute, Teachers and others which we share are purely for Education purpose only and all copyrights and Trademarks lies with the respective Institutes/Comapanies only. We don’t intend to either harm or encash your hard work, if any way you feel that our content violates any Copyrights or any privacy laws or if you have any issue, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will definitely try to provide possible solution for the same. Thank you.